Ben oui…

Je suis en direct de la Capitale Nationmarde.  Depuis 3 jours seulement.  Le présent billet sera donc publié dans la langue du pays.  Je suis contre les accomodements raisonables.  Moi je m’adapte au peuple qui me reçoit.

I have to admit that Ontario is much better than I thought it was.  Not that I’ve never been here before, but traveling on your own is so boring that you can appreciate all the details you wouldn’t see otherwise.  I know I’m in the eastern part of the province but still, life is different here.  Can’t stop comparing this metropolis to mine.  Things are not the same that’s for sure.

First example that comes to my mind is the overall driving of the population.  It’s much less stressed.  The roads are full of Sunday drivers.  People respect speed limits at all cost.  Pedestrians have the uncontested priority.  Just like everywhere else in the ROC.  I’ve almost hit a few ones crossing a high speed boulevard without paying extra attention.  I’ve probably been yelled at a couple of times.  I do realize that I was the one who was careless… After grumbling a few bad words of my own.  I can easily picture why they call us crazy Quebecers.  Drive 15 km/h above the limit and you almost get horned at.

The biggest obstacle I’ve faced is getting fast service from clerks, weither it’s at a gas station, a fast food restaurant, a bank or an hotel.  Employees just don’t seem to give a shit about you or your schedule and obviously take it an hour at the time.  That’s fine by me, except when I’m really starving.

Customers I have visited are as much easy going as the rest of the town.  They are slow talkers and slow walkers.  I respect that.  It somehow reminds me of some areas I’ve visited in my own province in the past.

TV channels are boring, just like in my hometown.  Okay most of them are the same I have to confess…

My foreign accent doesn’t seem to be a problem.  Of course, lots of people understand french here so I guess they are used to tourists like myself.  Road signs are bilingual which must provide free anal herpes to Howie Galganov.

Picturing the bastard creaming his ass in the washroom/toilettes of a MacEwen makes me smile big time.

This being said, even though I’m closer from home than when I stay in Quebec City, it still feels like I’m much far away.  It does feel like I’m not where I belong.  Don’t misjudge my words, it is great here in Canada’s Capital.  Most citizens are friendly.  Gas sells for 1.15$ a liter as of today…

It’s simply not my own Capital.

Culture, language, people, manners and habits are different.

Not negative, simply different.

I miss Babe and I miss home.  At least I have this web page which keeps me company everywhere I end up.  Here, I do feel I’m home.

Traveling alone does suck sometimes.

Good night folks.

Recently:

Découvertes de nouveaux blogues québécois!

Comments

This entry was posted on jeudi, septembre 11th, 2008 at 19:42 and is filed under Affaires. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

11 Comments so far

1. Bouddi on septembre 11, 2008 20:24

A post in english, an answer in english….

Since I’ve lived less than 30 mins away from Ottawa, I’ve experienced pretty much everything you describe..besides the driving.

What I remember the most? IT’S BORIIIIIIIIING!! And I don’t miss it..

By the way, thanks for the image of a guy creaming his ass…it’s a nice thought before going to bed……blaaarghhghggh

2. Rick on septembre 11, 2008 20:45

*evil laugh* 👿

3. Moonlady on septembre 12, 2008 8:21

😆

I’ll answer in English too then. I never been to Ottawa more than couple of hours, so I can’t tell if it is really that boring – I’ll have to experience that one day 🙂

Just wondering something – does our fellows Canadian-English make you feel like fuckin’ French Quebecers?

Have a nice day Rick 🙂

4. Ame Tourmentée on septembre 12, 2008 10:07

Il faut que je le dise: Yano comprendra rien.

Hahahahahahaha! 😀

5. Rick on septembre 12, 2008 11:43

Moon:

Non pas du tout. Le monde est bien gentil ici.

6. Duggerzzz on septembre 12, 2008 12:57

Not to mention those large freeways. six and sometimes eight lanes to drive on.

That’s the first thing I’ve noticed when I went over there.

I liked it. Nothing against Ontario or ontarians. I never mix politics and tourism normally 😛

7. Duggerzzz on septembre 12, 2008 12:59

Les canadiens anglais que j’ai rencontré hors québec ont toujours été d’une gentillesse extrême. Ils m’ont toujours dit que l’accent francais est tres beau et m’ont félicité de ma maitrise de l’anglais et qu’ils aimeraient parler aussi bien le francais que moi l’anglais 🙂

Les anglais qui haissent les francais, c’est tellement surfait.

Mais les francais qui haissent les anglais, ca c’est vrai. Et ca vient de notre héritage de conquis !

YES I SAID IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

haha !

8. Clépétar on septembre 12, 2008 16:34

I don’t really see why I should go to Ottawa one day…

But I hear there is a store with all sorts of cartoons crap and some amazing things from the Simpsons! Now, I NEED to go there!

For Sunday drivers, you can go in Outaouais too, there is no need to «cross the border» for that! 😛

9. Clépétar on septembre 17, 2008 12:01

Tag pinotte

10. Moonlady on septembre 23, 2008 13:41

Coucou !!! J’passais juste te dire bonjour !! T’es revenu de chez nos voisins du Sud !?

11. Nathalie on novembre 10, 2008 18:35

J’habite la région de la capitale nationale depuis environ 12 ans (du côté Gatineau). Ottawa a beaucoup changé côté langue. Mais faut pas oublier que plusieurs vivent du côté Québec mais travaille en Ontario.

Name (nécessaire)

Email (nécessaire)

Site web

Share your wisdom

Je veux découvrir des blogues!
×

Les meilleurs blogueurs québécois!

Abonnez-vous et faites rayonner les meilleurs blogueurs indépendants du Québec!

Non merci, ça me tente pas!